Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Milk Glass Lamp and Other Treasures...

A couple of weeks ago I went to the thrift store and came home with a pretty good haul.
One of the last things I spotted was this large milk glass lamp. I've never been a huge fan of milk glass but this lamp is changing my mind...

I've been trying to find the right lamp to sit on my mom's old table for 10 years and when I saw this I knew it would work...
I happened to have a shade I bought several years ago and it seems to fit the style okay.
My 2 old chairs I found in an antique shop in Cody, WY that I HAD to have! They have the original upholstery and in pretty good shape and the price was right. I needed 2 chairs desperately and I couldn't buy new...it doesn't go with all the old furniture we have...

My sweet little pitcher fits right in...
I think the 'beads'on the lamp go so well with the 'beads' on the table...
I LOVE this old table, I think it belonged to my Grandmother before my mom had it...
The lamp as I found it in need of a new cord and cleaning.
Mr. Wild is an electrician so I never need to worry about any fan or lamp that I buy, he can fix it.
The lamp was $3.75!  And not a mark, crack or chip anywhere!!
And I have to include the rest of the treasures from the thrift store trip...
A couple of old measuring sticks, sugar and creamer set, ironstone bowl...etc...

I love donkeys so this guy had to come home with me and that silver plated pitcher has such a pretty shape. The woven box appears to be old but I like it either way...
A small silver plated box from Spain that was too pretty to leave behind, it has a plush red velvet inside and is heavy for it's size...
2 pretty plates, wallpaper with pink bows perfect for covering boxes and a roll of pink satin ribbon made in the USA...

A few cloches and I love that basket! I'll paint the wood candle holder and add pink roses...
Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend is perfect!!!

Linking to;
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathred Nest Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

13 comments:

  1. Wow you did great. The table is so pretty and the lamp looks wonderful on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great things...love that little silver box, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lamp! So pretty. I remember lamps like that from many years ago - probably at my grandma's.

    I like your cloches. I saw on another linky party last week, a lady took a heavy wooden candlestick and drilled out the top to be able to fit the handle of the cloche. She mounted it with either glue(permanent) or with Sticky Tack (semi-permanent) and inserted the handle of the cloche into the candlestick hole. It made a very pretty elevated display bowl. I am planning on doing a similar thing once I find the right candle sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your milk glass lamp is beautiful! What a find and the lamp shade you had looks great on it. I love those chairs too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think milk glass is so pretty! Those plates too! Fun finds!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pitcher is gorgeous. Love the hobnail lamp also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great lamp! You found some really nice things! Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I inherited two hobnail lamps from my MIL things after she passed. They are my favorite lamps in my home. Mine are amber-- yours being milk glass is beautiful. Reminds me of the ones from my own mothers bedroom when I was a child.

    It's pretty...Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Faye! Wow gal! You really find some good stuff! When are you going to open up a shop?? :o)

    Love your little lamp! I have seen some around here, but not flaw free!!
    Or for $3.75!! Lucky you!

    Have a delightful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a haul you have here. I love that lamp and it looks perfect right where it is. I'd have a hard time passing up those pretty silver pieces...great treasures. Thanks for sharing and for visiting with me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve that lamp, really pretty. Thanks for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty lamp and all your treasures! Thanks for sharing this at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lamp fits perfect with the table and two chairs! I love the silver box!!!VERY pretty.
    Great finds.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!