Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pretty Little Dish

I'm back!
At least that is the plan!!! I've been away for blogging for so long that I almost forgot how to blog!
Life has been awfully busy the last few months, nothing bad, just lots of 'stuff' going on.
Why is it the older I get the less time I have for fun stuff? I don't get it, I thought when I hit 50 I would have all kinds of time to do what I want, I'm past that but it just gets busier and busier.

I had a birthday in August, didn't do a single fun thing for it, but my friend Stephanie sent me this pretty dish for my birthday along with some pretty vintage crochet thread in soft cream shades.



She was using it in her Etsy shop, Exuberant Housewifery, as a display piece to show off her vintage buttons that she was selling.
 I commented once on what a pretty dish it is and low and behold it showed up in the mail!

I love it!

Thanks Stephanie!

This is what we woke up to this morning...but happily (is that a word?) for me...it's melting and the sun is out!



Linking to;




8 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Faye!
    The dish is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see you here, Faye! Happy Belated birthday- Don't be such a stranger! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the vanity you did in the last post! It will be AWESOME in the bunk house!
    Love the dish. Such pretty detail on it!
    Happy Belated Birthday!!! It's never too late to celebrate!
    I'm glad the snow didn't last. I'm COLD tonight!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! That is a very pretty little dish! I love all of the buttons in it :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Happy Belated and what a nice gift from a friend...

    ENJOY your weekend...hope you get to do something you like, for yourself.

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty and what a lucky girl you are to receive a surprise gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! you are back!!
    What a beautiful dish! How sweet of your friend to send it for your birthday.
    We got a dusting of snow here too.
    It's gone now tho.
    I'm so glad you are posting again, Faye!
    Have a great weekend, my friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift! And the snow made for a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!