Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, April 19, 2014

What IS this and some flowers.

It stands 17" tall and I know it's blue swirl graniteware but what was it's original purpose?
A milk can?
I looked online and I see small milk cans but they look different.
It probably had a lid at one time.

And of course I just had to buy it. It might be cute as a plant stand at the bunkhouse, it's has several chips and dings but that's how I like my stuff, a bit chipped and dingy.


And then there was this, for a couple of dollars why not.

It measures 4 1/2" x 5" and 1" high. It looks like slots for coins but a 25 cent piece is too small.


It's tin and it's heavy for it's size.
I can always use it for paper clips and pushpins...I can't believe I don't have any here!


And seeing as I'll be leaving in 2 or 3 weeks, here's my garden.
I've been able to pick spinach and lettuce for a dinner salad every evening. 
The taller plant is cilantro which grew like a weed and I've been using it in chicken burritos.


And finally the cherry tomatoes look like they can be picked soon. 
It's in a pot so I can take it back to Minnesota.


A little wild flower popped out the gravel other day. This was one of my dad's favorite flowers when we would go for a ride in the desert.


And one of my favorite cactus flowers called Beavertail Cactus


Mexican Bird of Paradise, another one of my favorites and so nice that the woman who lived here before planted a lot of these around the yard.
In the background are the Rincon Mountains and Rincon Creek is between me and the mountains.

The mountain to the left is the south end of Saguaro National Park which, by the way, all National Parks are free admission today and tomorrow.


I'm not anxious to leave but I'm starting to pack and finish whatever needs finishing here.

I'll be back with a couple more posts of projects and then it will be time to head north!

Thanks for stopping!


3 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip home. What a fun peek at the goodies you picked up. Could that thing have been for half dollars instead of quarters? Happy Easter to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your finds! That metal tray is so neat and could be used for lots of things! I have no idea what the other container was...it is really neat though! Your garden looks wonderful...enjoy before you head back north. Have a blessed weekend...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me. I have no idea what the granitware would have been used for. I would have grabbed it too though :) Have a safe trip back North.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!