Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Friday, February 2, 2018

Thrift Store Finds This Week

Okay, I'm trying! The days just slip away!!!
I stopped at a couple of thrift shops Tuesday and found a few goodies!
I love the big old lamp shade, it's dirty and worn but it will be a perfect makeover, tear off the fabric and turn it into a hanging pendant light.
I couldn't resist the Jelly Belly machine, that will get a makeover and I'll fill it with mother of pearl buttons.
Cheap candlestick in front will become a base for a pincushion.
The block of cork in the background is kind of cool, it's solid cork, it could become a cute little pin board.
Lastly....the Fenton compote. It was filthy! I wasn't sure I could get it clean but for 5 bucks I was willing to give it a try. Still a few black specks on it but it's so pretty and I love the color!


I hope I still have some followers, I will try to join the parties again and get back into this. Mainly it was issues with my computer. Gosh, I almost forgot how this all works it's been so long!

Big flea market this Sunday, hope to find some cool junk!
Thanks for taking a look and I'd love comments so I know there is still someone out there reading my blog. Will post the above projects when they are done....not sure when that will be so don't hold your breath! :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried to leave two comments for you...but I don't know where they went???
    I was glad to see you posted. I take long periods off from blogging, too. Then, I post maybe three times in a row. I like the pieces you found, and I am sure they will look terrific after you re-do them to your liking.
    Have a nice weekend, my friend.
    Love to you.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing your thrift store finds and your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!